preps

Thread: Look Maw no payments!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Look Maw no payments!

Ok let me first start with, Yes I do get a lot of looks and stares mostly laughs...But I love my PT and it's paid off too...First off my antenna is a 102" whip attached to the rear hatchback...not the best place for a 1/4 wave endfed antenna and yes it does pull the RF pattern fwd really strong, I can definitely notice this in the city when I make turns but on the interstate I have good projection in the direction I'm heading which works for me...When working short DX I open the hatch and adjust the ball to position the antenna vertical again and the hatch acts as a pretty good ground plane for me and puts the antenna just little below 1/4 wave above ground giving me a really good 10-15 deg angle of radiation...perfect for DX.
    Name:  sam_0084.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  261.7 KB
    Inside is set up "Moonchild" style, The Blue Moon Electric LED lighting accents all four floor boards with EL-WIRE accenting the front control panel housing the Pioneer stereo also lit up in electric blue...
    Name:  backseat.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  13.7 KB Name:  pt night.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  8.2 KB
    BCT 8 Scanner located at the bottom...always nice to hear everything out there...
    Name:  30-12-10_1533.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  47.5 KB
    The Cobra 29LX is located near the fuse panel left of the steering wheel out of direct sunlight and out of direct sight of people who like to take things that aren't theirs...Long and painful story...The RF Limited 2018 Extreme Echo mic, btw wow, what an awesome mic, is mounted on the steering wheel column cover. I'm 6'1" 220lbs and have no problem getting in and out of the car due to the position and location of everything...Thought this out for a long time before mounting it here, only neg thing is I don't have 100% view of the display due to the steering wheel but I don't normally stare at the meter when I ramble on...Eyes on the Road baby!
    Name:  sam_0104.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  314.7 KB
    Last but not least located under my seat is my 2 Pill "Azz Kicker 200" (145W low/160W high) seat warmer...Actually doesn't even get very warm, but works and mates well with my Cobra 29LX SWR levels on high are under 1.6-1, which tells me impedance matching is almost right on from the antenna all the way to the radio...Can be perfect especially in a car...
    Name:  30-12-10_1530.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  113.2 KB
    Last edited by Moonchild 747; 05-06-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    de 747 and I'm clear...

"He who controls the electromagnetic spectrum controls the world..."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonchild 747 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (05-10-2013), Silverado 996 (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice cruiser! When I was in my early 20s I bought a brand new 04 limited with a 5 speed. I dropped it 2 inches, did an intake, header, exhaust, chip, and can shafts. That thing was a blas to drive. I was actually keeping up the turbo models at that time. Miss the car. Same color as yours too. Patriot blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They have a PT Crusier Weekend in Wildwood NJ every year....there r thousands of those little THINGS crawling around
    ~Super Slab~

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 619 NJ View Post
    Nice cruiser! When I was in my early 20s I bought a brand new 04 limited with a 5 speed. I dropped it 2 inches, did an intake, header, exhaust, chip, and can shafts. That thing was a blas to drive. I was actually keeping up the turbo models at that time. Miss the car. Same color as yours too. Patriot blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds pretty bad azz...haven't gone that route just changed out my exhaust with a magna flow system and K&N air intake system...has plenty of get up and go for a 2.4L...Only gets 24MPG but sounds sweet when I get up on it...You should see how far my whip bends with that 4" spring when I open her up...haha...I've had truckers call out asking me if that thing was remote controlled...haha...Always have someone to talk to on the open road...Mine is a 2005 Limited with 160k running strong.
    de 747 and I'm clear...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonchild 747 For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Slab View Post
    They have a PT Crusier Weekend in Wildwood NJ every year....there r thousands of those little THINGS crawling around
    I bet...these things have clubs like the Yota's and Harley's...When I drive down the street other PT owners throw their hand out the window like you do when your riding a bike and pass another biker...haha...I just throw my hand back out and keep cruising...haha.
    de 747 and I'm clear...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice rig Moonchild 747

Visitors found this page by searching for

None