preps
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning my Predator 10k

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I grounded the headache rack with 2 more ground straps to the frame, and centered it on the rack also. Still it does not work any better than 1.6- 1.7.1 swr. Not pleased. Packaged it back up ready to return.

I put the Firestick back on and I'm 1.1.1 on ch's 4-22, 1.3 on ch's 1-3, and 1.4-1.5 on ch's 23-40. I also can hear activity on it, and got my first contact in 4 days. Totally bummed, and wasted a lot of time, and money.
    Last edited by Fogdog; 05-09-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow man, that sucks. sorry you had such a poor experience. Every vehicle is different I guess! High Voltage loves Stargun antennas, he talks everywhere with his and I couldn't get one to tune on my Caddy for shit! I know the frustration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 619 NJ For This Useful Post:

Fogdog (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it is a bummer. Maybe something did get damaged while in transit through the USPS. I don't know. I'm sure it's going to be a hassle to return it.

After reading so many posts about these antenna's I was sold. Fact is the antenna that nobody likes, seems to work good on my truck. Go fiqure. The reason I was going to the 10 k was that I was thinking I was going to burn up the Firestick. Thats not going to happen with less than 300 watts. Anyway the stick is back on working perfectly, and I'm not messing with antenna's for awhile. I've got my Ham exam next week. so I need to be studying instead of fooling around with antenna's.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    Yeah it is a bummer. Maybe something did get damaged while in transit through the USPS. I don't know. I'm sure it's going to be a hassle to return it.

After reading so many posts about these antenna's I was sold. Fact is the antenna that nobody likes, seems to work good on my truck. Go fiqure. The reason I was going to the 10 k was that I was thinking I was going to burn up the Firestick. Thats not going to happen with less than 300 watts. Anyway the stick is back on working perfectly, and I'm not messing with antenna's for awhile. I've got my Ham exam next week. so I need to be studying instead of fooling around with antenna's.
    did you read what I posted ? im trying to help you out . get a different shaft .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya. I hate when gear doesn't work right. I had trouble with an amp a few years ago. I got so frustrated that I took all my stuff out of the car and started from scratch after a month or so of no radio. Lol

619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HV- height is a concern for him, he didn't want to use a bigger shaft. Personally, I like the 22. Seems to tune super easy for me

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its not gonna make a difference . when your bottom shaft becomes longer , the whip on top will become shorter . pickup trucks are hard sometimes . our friend the mechanic had to use at least a 17 inch shaft to achieve a 1.2 mounted in the middle of the truck . hes mounted on the side so, first I would try different shaft sizes . 22 might be the best on a predator . the antenna with still be lower with a 17 or a 22 .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by High Voltage Mobile NJ View Post
    use a 17 inch or a 22 inch shaft . if they don't work use the 27 inch shaft as its last advantage .
    you need to have a good strong mount with the longer shafts and dual coils ..... it's a substantial leverage increase .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    you need to have a good strong mount with the longer shafts and dual coils ..... it's a substantial leverage increase .
    absolutely , right on bro .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this antenna for one trip into town, and when I went to tune it again this morning it was loose. I tightened it down and all it was doing was pulling the insulator out of the so-239 mount I bought. I can only imagine how many times a week I would have to check that. I'm always scrapping tree limbs. Not hard , but I see and hear my antenna doing it. I just don't think this 10k or any other combination of one will work. I'd rather have a long stinger than a solid part hitting the limbs. I thought that was the whole reason they made the Short Whip Dual coil. For clearance issue's.

Visitors found this page by searching for

mail.cbjunkies.com page7

cobra 29 and predator 10k

predator 10k antenna review

mail.nubbyswasteland.com 925-Tuning-my-Predator-10k

tuning predator 10k

predtor 10k easy tune

predator cb antenna canada

predator 10k sw

Tuning predator 10k antenna

predator sw dual coil review

predator 10k whip length

how to tune a predator 10k

predator 10k short whip series

predator 10k installation picturespredator bad 2 the bone tuningPredator 10-k antenna tuningcompetition dual mobile cb antennaspredator cb antennamfj-854 reviewcb antenna tuninghow long is a predator 10k whiphttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads925-Tuning-my-Predator-10kpredator 10k short whip antennapredator antenna whip lenthpredator 10k antenna length