Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha Ha. The worn in look.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    I finally figured out how to tune my Predator 10k Dual coil SW.

1. Drive your rather large Pickup with a mild lift,and a 10K antenna mounted up high on the corner of you headache rack into an unfamiliar neighborhood.

2. Pull in to park in front of a house you've never been to, and attempt to park next to the curb.

3. While trying to park said beast, you don't observe the portable basketball hoop set up next to the curb.

4. Smash the basketball hoop with your $100.00 10K antenna, and insure you smash the exposed coils to the antenna, and to make sure you did it right hit it hard enough that it bends the marine grade aluminum headache rack that the antenna is attached to.

5. Get out of your pickup and survey the damage without anybody observing you. Trying not to barf in your mouth.

6. Conduct your business and leave . Hopefully knowing that nobody seen the big geek dork perform this act and quietly drive off.

7. Get home and re-shaped the bent coils, and bend the rack back into place.

8. Hook up your SWR meter and set the swr.

9. Notice how your SWR readings are much better now, since you smashed your antenna.

10. Sit back and enjoy a cool adult beverage reeling in the fact, that you are a true master at antenna tuning.

11. Lastly, never go back into said neighborhood, in case someone seen you perform such a heinous display of vehicle operation.

I almost fell off the couch laughing my rear off
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  10k 518.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  739.6 KBAs if I haven't already had enough trouble with my 10k antenna, I was out wheelin at the river today taking the dogs for a swim, and I picked up an extra passenger while I was going through the trails. Didn't notice it untill I got home Ha Ha. I was wondering why people were looking at my antenna today more than usual. It's camoflauge. (well it is almost buck season)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  10k 518.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  739.6 KBAs if I haven't already had enough trouble with my 10k antenna, I was out wheelin at the river today taking the dogs for a swim, and I picked up an extra passenger while I was going through the trails. Didn't notice it untill I got home Ha Ha. I was wondering why people were looking at my antenna today more than usual. It's camoflauge. (well it is almost buck season)
    Haha that is why I stick with my flexible fiberglass antennas!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the old Firestick I have is made for off road. This 10k is more for a city boys truck, or big rig. I'm always dodging trees. Guess I missed one today.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the old Firestick I have is made for off road. This 10k is more for a city boys truck, or big rig. I'm always dodging trees. Guess I missed one today.
    I'd love to have a 10k but I don't run much power and the small gauge wire in the fiberglass antenna helps since I don't have a lot of power pumping into it and it transmits good. The antenna is rated at 750 watts. I'm going to send in the galaxy probably to bells to have it checked through, and have them crank up the power a little along with the modulation turned up just a bit. I've read somewhere that I can turn up the power and mod on my own inside the radio.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by the caveman View Post
    I'd love to have a 10k but I don't run much power and the small gauge wire in the fiberglass antenna helps since I don't have a lot of power pumping into it and it transmits good. The antenna is rated at 750 watts. I'm going to send in the galaxy probably to bells to have it checked through, and have them crank up the power a little along with the modulation turned up just a bit. I've read somewhere that I can turn up the power and mod on my own inside the radio.
    That's people's biggest mistake with Predator 10K antenna's...You don't need allot of power for one...4w's works just fine....so does 10 thousand watts, if that's your thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (09-22-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    That's people's biggest mistake with Predator 10K antenna's...You don't need allot of power for one...4w's works just fine....so does 10 thousand watts, if that's your thing.
    I might get me a predator single coil with the 17" shaft with a toolbox standoff mount.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do, prepare yourself for total strangers asking you what thats antenna for. It gets all the attention. Oh, and yeah it works good also.

I've heard good and bad about Bells. Try nickybots on the other forum. I've never heard of a complaint, but as JJD has said , look long long enough and somebody wasn't happy. His price is very resonable as well. Shoot him a PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do, prepare yourself for total strangers asking you what thats antenna for. It gets all the attention. Oh, and yeah it works good also.

I've heard good and bad about Bells. Try nickybots on the other forum. I've never heard of a complaint, but as JJD has said , look long long enough and somebody wasn't happy. His price is very resonable as well. Shoot him a PM.
    I just won a 102" whip adjuster and corona ball!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (09-22-2013)

Visitors found this page by searching for

mail.cbjunkies.com page7

cobra 29 and predator 10k

predator 10k antenna review

mail.nubbyswasteland.com 925-Tuning-my-Predator-10k

tuning predator 10k

predtor 10k easy tune

predator cb antenna canada

predator 10k sw

Tuning predator 10k antenna

predator sw dual coil review

predator 10k whip length

how to tune a predator 10k

predator 10k short whip series

predator 10k installation picturespredator bad 2 the bone tuningPredator 10-k antenna tuningcompetition dual mobile cb antennaspredator cb antennamfj-854 reviewcb antenna tuninghow long is a predator 10k whiphttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads925-Tuning-my-Predator-10kpredator 10k short whip antennapredator antenna whip lenthpredator 10k antenna length