I'd have to take it off, and drill it. If that didn't work I'd have to take it off again. It's a bit of a hassle. Of course it can be done. I didn't have to ground the rack for the Firestick, so I'm wondering why this seems to be needed now. I did ground the rack today to the frame of the truck with a set of jumper cables just to see if that would do anything , and it didn't. Not sure if it would have anyway. I want this antenna to work but honestly out of three differant antenna's , this one is at the bottom of the list. I thought I was upgrading, but so far that hasn't been the case.

If truckers use this SW antenna on their mirrors with good results I don't see why it wouldn't work on top of my pickup. I would think there is less reflecting going on , on my vehicle.

This morning I turned on the the little Midland cb with a cheap Lil Wil mag mount antenna on the Grand Am inside the garage and it was pulling in stations that my truck parked outside couldn't. That bummed me out.

I'm still waiting for that coax to arrive, but I don't have a lot of confidence that it's going to make that big of a differance. The signal that I was receiving this morning sounded just like when I had the Lil Wil on my truck, before I put the Firestick on it. The receive judt doesn't sound clear. Kinda muted. I'm not saying the Firestick is better, but it does work better so far.