preps
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Tuning my Predator 10k

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man O Man Caveman. Your always scoring the goods. Do you happen to have the bottom stud with insulator for a PL-259 connector? I was backing my truck into the garage yesterday and thought I hade a few more inches before I hit the garage, and then I heard it.

The sound you don't want to hear when you have a 10K. $hit! Anyway I was going so slow that I stopped in time before I did any antenna damage but the stud is a gone er. I'm telling ya ,I'm gonna make that 10K an offroad antenna yet. The aluminum shaft on that thing is tough. It bent the headache rack, but not the shaft.

I am totally sold on that 10K. Kale makes one hell of a rig. A couple of times I was thinking maybe I'll just stick the old Firestick on, but I'm telling you This thing is legit. Save up your calms and get one of these bad boys. Worth every penny. And Kale is a good guy to deal with. He never even asked me for postage. I sent him a bunch anyway cuz I figure a man that sticks buy his product is a man I will continue to deal with. Just like the good ole" days when a handshake was a mans good word.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

the caveman (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to get a heavy duty stud. I've got a friend that has an old heavy duty mount and stud on his semi he don't use. I might ask him about it
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you used the jumper cables for grounding was there a totally metalic surface without paint??

Another issue is that i think super long jumper cables are affecting the issue..

I was always told to keep my grounding lengths as short as possible..
    Example..

Headache rack to something metalic like bed rail....Bed rail to trk bed and bed to chassie..

Swr is not end to be all either..@a q.6 swr your only looseing less than 10% if memory is correct....Sounds to me its not gettin out issue its a rec issue and some good grounding in short lengths will do wonders...

I faught same issues on a volvo 18 wheeler..With my mfj 259b ant tuner i discovered that ant stud mounts made a diff in recieve to...I went from the el cheapo chrome covered basic stud mount to a beefy chrome stud mount to the alluminum colored wilson beefy lookin stud mount..

Visitors found this page by searching for

mail.cbjunkies.com page7

cobra 29 and predator 10k

predator 10k antenna review

mail.nubbyswasteland.com 925-Tuning-my-Predator-10k

tuning predator 10k

predtor 10k easy tune

predator cb antenna canada

predator 10k sw

Tuning predator 10k antenna

predator sw dual coil review

predator 10k whip length

how to tune a predator 10k

predator 10k short whip series

predator 10k installation picturespredator bad 2 the bone tuningPredator 10-k antenna tuningcompetition dual mobile cb antennaspredator cb antennamfj-854 reviewcb antenna tuninghow long is a predator 10k whiphttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads925-Tuning-my-Predator-10kpredator 10k short whip antennapredator antenna whip lenthpredator 10k antenna length