preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody used a handheld cb radio with a small linear amplifier as a Mobil rig ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My handheld dead keys 2 watts when I put it in low power mode and I don't really want to run a big pill box I am already running a large stereo system and I don't have any room to put a large pill box I have a standard cab truck with speaker boxes behind the seats

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluethunder obviously doesn't want to listen to experienced operators here, so let him do his thing and learn the hard way. I really hope you don't burn up your vehicle in the process.

Sent from your mom's mobile phone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beercanman For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (06-10-2013), Gordon Gekko (06-10-2013), Silverado 996 (06-10-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about a cb hand held, but when it comes to a ham radio hand held, say a 2 meter; if you hook up an external amp you could fry that little guy. There is a thing called duty cycle. If you work the radio to much for to long (not sure how long that is) it will either shut down the radio due to heat or possibly ruin the radio. Check to see if there is a duty cycle rating first. Of course if you let the genie out you'll know real quick.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads964-Has-anybody-used-a-handheld-cb-radio-with-a-small-linear-amplifier-as-a-Mobil-rig

cb linear amplificateur

radio shack trc 234 reviewportable cb amplifiersrm italy kl 35 reviewrm Italy kl 35 linearbest 12 volt cb linear amplifierhandheld cb with ampcb magnet mount with linearlinear with cobra handheldcan. you connect the rm kl 35 to a cigarette lighter adapterhttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads964-Has-anybody-used-a-handheld-cb-radio-with-a-small-linear-amplifier-as-a-Mobil-rig#post_7913cobra handheld cb amplifierdo cb linear amps and stereo amps work anything alikeare stereo amps and cb linear amps anything alikerm kl 40 linear amplifier reviewrm italy kl 35 forumcb linear amplifierKl 35 cb ampCb amp kl 35cobra 75 wx st linear amplifiercan amp be hooked up to handheld cb radioamp for handheld cbradio shack trc 234 peakkl 40 linear amplifier