preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: galaxy DX 979

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

galaxy DX 979

Ive been looking at those galaxy DX 979s and I'm itching to burn some cash for one. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them? Im thinking about getting one from bells cab and having him tune it for $25.
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by the caveman View Post
    Ive been looking at those galaxy DX 979s and I'm itching to burn some cash for one. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them? Im thinking about getting one from bells cab and having him tune it for $25.
    Get the 959. You won't be disappointed. And the guy at Bells does a decent tune up on those radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    check out ( CB radio magazine.com) I've never talked on one I looked at their review I want one too
    195 the caveman
    im 189 chewing tobacco I'm done

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chewing tobacco For This Useful Post:

the caveman (07-24-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 619 NJ View Post
    Get the 959. You won't be disappointed. And the guy at Bells does a decent tune up on those radios.

Well I wanted a 959 but I looked at all they features the 979 had and the low price and small chassis and decided that its exactly what I needed in my small truck. I know the 959 has a freq counter but I have a diff idea for my ext freq counter that I will purchase later. I'm going to install it into my dash (just for a cool factor and read it while driving). Thanks 189 Caveman shaking a hand and I'm gone.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chewing tobacco View Post
    check out ( CB radio magazine.com) I've never talked on one I looked at their review I want one too
    195 the caveman
    im 189 chewing tobacco I'm done
    You have talked to me before...That's what I have in my work Van...I got mine from Bell's. They did a video on the radio when they tuned it (which they do on all their radios) and posted it on Youtube for me to see what it was doing when it left their shop...IMO, all the on-line shops should do this, but Bells is the only one I know of that does it on every radio that leaves their shop.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    You have talked to me before...That's what I have in my work Van...I got mine from Bell's. They did a video on the radio when they tuned it (which they do on all their radios) and posted it on Youtube for me to see what it was doing when it left their shop...IMO, all the on-line shops should do this, but Bells is the only one I know of that does it on every radio that leaves their shop.
    I'm just posting again here to make sure I get all the info I can so I know what I'm getting. I've been screwed on a deal for a radio before. I bought a cobra 29 night watch that was "like new" and "tuned" from a guy in Ohio and when I got it was in bad shape, beat and scratched up, not a night watch, bad swr meter, had one of those super whack packs done to it. The worst part is I bought it from a shops website. Needless to say I haven't had anything to do with them for 7 years. I guess he's out of business now.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy New, and from a shop with a good reputation and you won't have a problem...

I would stay-away from buying off eBay, unless your just into gambling...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (07-25-2013), the caveman (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just posting again here to make sure I get all the info I can so I know what I'm getting. I've been screwed on a deal for a radio before. I bought a cobra 29 night watch that was "like new" and "tuned" from a guy in Ohio and when I got it was in bad shape, beat and scratched up, not a night watch, bad swr meter, had one of those super whack packs done to it. The worst part is I bought it from a shops website. Needless to say I haven't had anything to do with them for 7 years. I guess he's out of business now.
    I personally have never dealt with Bell's, but have had friends who have and have been very happy with them.

619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 619 NJ View Post
    I personally have never dealt with Bell's, but have had friends who have and have been very happy with them.

So far everything I've heard is good about bells. I like that I can have him tune it before he sends it out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So far everything I've heard is good about bells. I like that I can have him tune it before he sends it out
    Lot's of shops tune radios before they ship out...As for what you may or may-not have herd about Bells, you can't always go by what you see posted in these Forums, because everyone and their dog has their opinion on "Who's the best" ...and who to stay away from...If you look long enough, I'm sure you can find posts that say "Bells is crap"...

Visitors found this page by searching for

www.cbjunkies.com 996-galaxy-DX-979

galaxy 195 dx