Downloads
    Uploads

12 vdc Power Supply

Name:  cb radio 008.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  588.8 KB

Name:  cb radio 007.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  694.8 KBI just compleated my re-purposed 12 VDC Power supply for my workbench/Shack.

I took an old PC's 250 watt power supply (PS), cut all the the wires that weren't needed, and just kept the 12 VDC wires. Tied a couple of them together that trick the PS into thinking it's connected to the Pc so it will start, and it's working. I only got shocked once. Ha Ha.

I put a couple of plugs on the side of the PS , so I can use banana type plugs when hooking up a radio or whatever runs on 12 vdc. I have my Cobra 29 Lx running on it right now with no problems.

I did try plugging the 2 pill in ,but it went out on overload protection.

I'm a little surprised that power supply isn't as clean as I thought it would be. I'm getting a little static from it through the radio. I do have a PC running, this PS, a portable drill battery charger,and flouresent lights running all in the same proximity. Guess I will have to try some filters. But Hey! the whole thing only cost me $6.00 for parts.

It was really fun to make. I don't know how much Power supplies cost, but I'm sure there more than $6.00.
    Last edited by Fogdog; 09-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

None