preps
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Some of my project's on the go ! Down under...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you like rc stuff as well there 351, that was my last hobby before i got into this here's a few photos of my vehicles
    And me pulling the kids around with it, it's a traxxas summit with some major upgrades lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

Silverado 996 (02-27-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have about 10 rc cars and trucks, some are nitro and most are electric with brushless motors. Don't have the photos of all of them like I thought I did,but the one I posted is big daddy. Goes anywhere, anytime lol.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Triple deuce,

Nice truck my friend. Those are like tanks! I've been involved in R/C's cars since 1985 and raced 10th scale off road, 12th scale road cars. Got into 1/8 nitro cars in 2000... Besides dirt bikes my father keep me busy with this hobby, which kept me out of trouble. LOL! THANKS DAD! I got rid of a lot of stuff over the years. I probably would still be driving my nitro car today if a temp at work wouldn't have dropped a pallet on my radio crushing it. It was an accident and I really wanted to dismember him, but I forgave him. He was stacking pallets to built a launch ramp for me.

Now, I fly electric 3 channel and 4 channel heli's. The 3 channels helis are for indoor only and the 4 channel is a monster a and is strictly outdoor, so rain or shine we as a family get or flight time in. Both of my girls have their own 3 channel heli's.

Now day's the addiction is RF and its BAD! Thanks for sharing the pictures triple deuce and 351.

73's
    Last edited by Silverado 996; 02-27-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: added the heli's
    Silverado 996 back in the woods and I'm gone!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *
    * Ranger 2970N2 * 5' FireStik FS-5 *
    * Uniden BearCat 12 watt spearker *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was laid up from my last surgery, I bought 3 of those 3 channel Heli's. What a blast. I even bought all the small tools and what not to repair them. I built one my using parts from 2 other one's and lightened it way up, and then added a second battery to it to get more air time. Went from around 7 minutes to almost 15 minutes. I built one that was so light, it's super hard to control cuz it's like a hummingbird. That stuff is fun.

I really wanted to get a big Heli for outside, but then I got better, and went to the dark side of Ham/CB radio. Now I spend whatever I can on this junk. LOL!

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

Silverado 996 (02-28-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw I big one about the size of the ergo30 (4or5 foot long) it had a clip on camera stills or vid . Hole lot $200 new in box should have grab'd it... I had a cancer removed and got the twister to keep me amused the dog hates it but loves to Chase it... GREAT FUN... 351...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its funny how the RF addiction can take control of your wallet... Wants over needs.
    * Cobra 29LXLE *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To true buddy.. nice rig like it ! Even with dads mates rates still spent big $$$..
    Hobbies burn bucks$$$$$...... 351...Name:  1393632477653.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.22 MB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to solarradio351 For This Useful Post:

Silverado 996 (02-28-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sir, I did the quad copter thing as well, I have an ar drone and a 1sq which is a palm sized quad copter, but it will fly outdoors like a champ. The ar drone is cool , in have a remote that plugs into my iPad and it looks like a ps2 controller. The ar drone is fun for video, but it's not a real good one. Before I got back into this I was going to get a DJI PHANTOM VISION. But the radio bug bit me and so the story goes lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just don't hook a 1 1/2 year olds pacifier to the skids of a 3 channel and fly around the house with it dangling. After a few minutes you will find you heli batted out of the air with a sofa pillow! My youngest daughter didn't think it was funny. Lol!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Children can be so mean 996... ha ha.. could tell you a tale or two about the quad's 222, All true too... 351..
    Made a bit of cash today for the upgrade I want, just have to sort out what type ? eBay or custom built .. any good FAIR amp builders you know ? $380 for 600w on ssb hard to beat ......351..

Visitors found this page by searching for

None