I bit the bullet and ordered the Gainmaster tonight should be here by next friday. Is the LMR-400 coax worth the extra cost? Only want to be buying once. It's about twice the price and I wont be running a lot of power as the gainmaster has a 500w limit. Someday down the road after I can build a tower I might be able to run more power through a different antenna. (beams) Although I will probably leave this antenna up and have them switchable.

Had to order the gainmaster through amazon H&Y is out of stock and DNJ radio's site didn't want to accept my card or paypal.

How high up should I go with this antenna. We are down in a bottom our TV and cell antennas are both roughly 40 ft off the ground. When I do this I would like to put the cell antenna on the same mast 10-20 ft below the cb antenna. Will this cause any problems? It's a small directional antenna less than a foot triangle. The mast will of course have guy wires. And yes I am planning to use top rail for mast I am to old and weak to be using iron pipe anymore. Ideally I am thinking a 60 ft mast with the cell ant. at 50 ft.. Luck me I don't have any neighbors to cause problems.

Thanks