preps

Thread: Coax Racommendation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    Good coax and antenna and a five dollar radio can sound good. Cheap coax and antenna and a $1000 radio will sound like shit. LMR-400 Times microwave is worth the money.
    LMR 400 is over rated...I've used both LMR 400 and the CA 400, and if anything the CA 400 comes out on top, for several reasons (other than price)

The CA 400 is lighter in weight, and the outer jacket made of polyethylene sorta like PVC, only more flexible. which makes it perfect for burial if you need to go that route. It's UV resistant, and is built to withstand harsh temperatures, grease and oil, chemicals, salt water, abrasions and offers a 20 year plus lifespan...

What sold me on this coax was I talked to a couple of HAM guys in Florida that's been using it for years, and said that thayer's had been threw several Hurricanes, and since they live on the coast, where salt is a big problem, the salty air so far hasn't bothered the coax...

Don't get me wrong, LMR is very good quality coax, I was just pointing out that there are other alternatives to LMR 400 that's just as good, and in some ways better, and in some cases less expensive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

stang (05-16-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None