Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Optima mk3.
    Stryker 955hp
    Lincoln 2 ver. 3
    Uniden grant 2

So I have been looking at reviews on these radios and maybe they are all above my level at this time. As I have stated I am not a fan of the Push Button / Menu interface with some of these radios.

1st the Optima seems to be way above my understanding a this time and has many options that I would not possibly be able to grasp the use of any time soon.

2nd the Stryker seems to be much more up my alley with the knobs and switches controls. Yes it has some menu items but it is flip the switch, set the control and you’re done. It also has some ability with a computer program that over time I may be able to get an idea as to how to use in a couple of aspects but overall seems to be what I would want in a radio.

3rd & 4th the Lincoln 2 v3 and Uniden Grant also more push button and menu driven.

In a vehicle / mobile setting the knob and switch radio seems to be the way to go at least for me. My question is-

Are the Galaxy Radios really all that bad? The reviews are good on them. The 959 / 979 are the ones made for CB and SSB use while the likes of the DX33HP2 are a different animal and much like the Stryker 955hp.

Not that I am going to do anything right now. I just think the 980SSB is better suited as a base unit where fiddling with buttons and menus is not an issue. But the Galaxy 2547 looks interesting so who knows, just thinking right now.
    Last edited by FATKAT; 11-18-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None