preps
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Heathkit SB-200 not modded or altered. Wanting to use on 11-meter

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the dipole is up. Facing N/S mostly. About 15 degrees West of North. It's up as high as I can get it. Here are a couple pics. VSWR is good and it's a Dr. Dipole 1:1 balun with my wire. Anyways. Here are a few pics.
    We will see how well it works setup this way. Need be I'll add an E/W one as well. That is how it was previously. Used a Diawa switch. Anyways, hopefully talk to you at some point Matt and the rest of you gents as well. I've spoken to Jay a couple times on SSB I am pretty sure. I will have to check my log books to confirm it. But I am pretty sure I have. Anyways. Again, hope to catch all of you on air if the conditions let me or you guys. It's not doing too well at the moment here from what I can not hear LOL!!

73 and God Bless to All
    222 Daytona Bch., FL
    Sean

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome Sean!!! I'll be listening for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone will be on tomorrow I'll be listening throughout the day. The dipole finally starting getting some action yesterday afternoon. All Northern stuff. OH, NJ, NY, and even down south from them. Might be able to hear you finally Matt. I was on 38lsb just listening yesterday afternoon and last night about 7-8pm. Using my kenwood ts140s. It works well and will do almost 150w on SSB. About 120w or so on my Radio Shack SWR/power meter. Anyways. Hope to hear some of you gents tomorrow and maybe this weekend as well as I work Friday, but am off all weekend!! Anyways, I'll be listening for you gents.
    222 Daytona Beach, FL
    saying 73 and God Bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on 38 LSB last night and heard some activity out of Florida but I couldn't make it out. I'm on every night talking to locals and DX when available so I will keep my ears out for you Sean. Listen for skip shooter 677 in central KY

Happy DXing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mattsowders1989 For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (11-23-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm on CH38 LSB right now trying to make contact.

Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's 11:30 here and Skip is still running strong.

Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Matt, had a long day at work and feel out when I got home!! I then am up at 3am LOL! I did hear the DX rolling but just listened for a few minutes and then I just fell asleep. It was coming in from all over the NE, and the South. Heard a few TN, OH, and some others down your way, and lots of up North stuff. Maybe it will pick up today again. I'll pull out my Icom 746 if it does. I am using my kenwood ts140s as I tend to bare to the side of caution when I first make a dipole LOL. That is my backup radio or one of them and it is puttin lg out full power of about 150w pep on SSB. Just doesn't have the sound like my Icom 746. At any rate, I'll get my thighs together and be ready to call out some CQ! Time to get back on the air a little!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope to hear you. I did hear a few peeps out of KY, 333, and some others. Most of them I know from past DX'ing. Good guys. Anyhow, again, hope to hear you and make contact.
    And Happy Thanksgiving to you and to Everyone Else as well. Enjoy your day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Matt, did you ever get that SB-200 working? I did not read every post, but no cobra alive is going to drive that amp at 2 or even 5 watts. The reason it won't key the relay is you need at least 35+ watts and 100 is better. I don't have one of those, but do have the Yaesu FL-2100b that is basically the same, and uses the same tubes. You need a big radio to drive that SB-200 and a foot pedal to key the relay. RF thru the COAX will do nothing. I used the Yaesu 101-E and now driving it with an RCI 2970N2.

I used mine for about a year on 11m and fried the tubes. Yeah, "they say" you can use it on the 10M band, but not for long. And you have to tune it every time you use it. Once I fried my tubes, I did the 11M mod to it, not hard, but you got to know what your doing. Now it puts out 600 PEP and SWR is flat on 27.385. No strain no pain. The good news is, they are making new tubes for them, 572b made by Taylor. If you need the link, let me know.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. I am currently using the SB-200. I have my cobra 142 going into a 100 watt drive that I have swinging from about 18 to 75 watts. I have a foot pedal on the amp. I am not pushing the amp to its limits though because I don't want to fry my tubes. I have added 2 extra fans as well. The amp is dead keying at 100 and swinging to about 425 to 450 watts.

Happy DXing

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1776-Heathkit-SB-200-not-modded-or-altered-Wanting-to-use-on-11-meter

sb-200 cb radio