preps

Thread: Highly POed right now.........

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Highly POed right now.........

I have never been more aggravated with something!!!!!!

Let me start off with some details. As well as the 03 Ranger pickup, I also have a 2000 Chevy S-10 Extended Cab pickup. It’s my baby, it has been a good vehicle and I have never had any major issues with it.

The Ranger is my work truck. It used to be my company vehicle and when they decided I did not need a company vehicle any longer, I bought it. I really have no big love for it (it’s a FORD) so I don’t really care too much what I do to it and eventually I plan to “puck” mount the radio antenna on the roof.

So I thought I would put a radio in the S-10. Well as you may suspect you have very little room anywhere to mount a radio in the truck. I decided to mount it from the headliner the same as I did in the Ranger. Well Ijust can’t get past the mag-mount antenna with the coax running across the roof on the S-10 so I thought I would try to do a permanent mount and as I have across bed tool box on the truck what better place to mount it. Now the tool box is not bolted to the bed. I have an over the rail bed liner in the bed and I used “J” hook bolts to hold the tool box down.

So I purchase a 4ft FireStick antenna and mount it on the box and SWR’s are off the scale. I then ran a ground wire from the mount bracket to the bed and then the frame and then the cab and still could not getthe SWR’s anywhere near where they needed to be. I them decide I will have to use a No Ground Plain antenna and purchase a kit from Firestick and as you could guess I get the same thing SWR’s completely off the scale.

The reason for doing all of this is the Sirio 5000 I have on the ranger is way too tall for my carport and getting out to put it up or down is just a pain during rain etc… just to be able to park on the carport.

I am wishing now I had never decided to put a radio in my S-10! AGGRAVATED, Very AGGRAVATED at the moment.
    Last edited by FATKAT; 10-07-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None