preps

Thread: Rf interference issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that is normal if you are sure you have a good connection. I have had days that I could not talk across town the noise level was so bad. Many things can and will affect RF noise. Placing a horizontal beam antenna up helps with this, but you lose some of your local distance. Anyhow, as long as you can talk and hear people on SSB then I wouldn’t stress too much about the RF meter. There hasn’t been much traffic on SSB lately as far as I know. DX wise that is. It’s very sporadic. Again, hopefully you can come across someone else that has had this issue. Also you may not have enough noise on SSB to make the S meter move. I know I have not lately. Here is mine on SSB versus AM. Note the same frequency is used and there is hardly any noise on SSB, but the same frequency on AM has a bit of noise. This may be all that you are dealing with. Maybe not. I try LOL.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Yep that is normal if you are sure you have a good connection. I have had days that I could not talk across town the noise level was so bad. Many things can and will affect RF noise. Placing a horizontal beam antenna up helps with this, but you lose some of your local distance. Anyhow, as long as you can talk and hear people on SSB then I wouldn’t stress too much about the RF meter. There hasn’t been much traffic on SSB lately as far as I know. DX wise that is. It’s very sporadic. Again, hopefully you can come across someone else that has had this issue. Also you may not have enough noise on SSB to make the S meter move. I know I have not lately. Here is mine on SSB versus AM. Note the same frequency is used and there is hardly any noise on SSB, but the same frequency on AM has a bit of noise. This may be all that you are dealing with. Maybe not. I try LOL.
    Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better! I think if I don't play around with the coax connection at all, it will make a difference. Just trying to build the perfect radio. Lol!!
    You have a great rig, by the way. Thanks again for your input! Talk to you soon

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Visitors found this page by searching for

None