i felt like getting nerdy about ground rods themselves and googling found me these interesting (to me) links . thought some here might find them interesting . if you bother to read them and notice any bad info please point it out . i'm not offering these as %100 accurate info , since i don't know %100 about anything .... except maybe how to eat fried chicken .
just stuff that made me go

The Ufer Ground

Electrical Contractor: The Dirt On Ground Rods

About Copper Ground Rods

someone on this or another forum suggested this water hose/pipe method , but this has pics for dummies like me :thumbup:

Installing Ground Rods the Easy Way.
"One Shot" CadWeld Cartridge WOW !!!

Installing Ground Rods the Easy Way

Why Copper Ground Rods?

"Copper ground rods actually are copper clad steel, because copper rods would be too soft to drive in the ground and unnecessarily expensive. Most people probably assume that copper is used because of its high conductivity. That is a slight added advantage, but not the real reason. The resistance of the soil surrounding a ground rod is so high compared to the resistance of any metal that the series resistance of a rod and the soil surrounding it would be almost the same regardless of the metal used. The real reason copper is used is copper a noble metal that has high corrosion resistance. It becomes a cathode when joined together with a less noble metal such as steel in the presence of an electrolyte such as moist soil. The less-noble steel becomes a sacrificial anode that corrodes away first, leaving a relatively corrosion-free copper shell in contact with the soil."

leaving a relatively corrosion-free copper shell in contact with the soil