Hi guys, brand new here and do not own a cb yet but had a question and wondering if cb is the answer I need

I am part of a running team and we just finished the hood to coast relay, it's a 200 mile team relay race. Teams are split into 2 vans, 6 runners in each and alternate the running legs. Van 1 takes legs 1-6, van 2 takes 7-12 etc.

This last year we had a few problems at one of the van exchanges, there is absolutely 0 cell coverage in the mountains where this race is held so when van 2 pulled into an exchange way ahead of when van 1 was expecting them we could not find each other (parking was spread out over 10 acres) as van 1 was not at the runners exchange because we were not expecting the other van to be there for another hour.

So I am poking around for ideas and solutions. My first thought was gps trackers but soon found that the vast majority of those rely on cell networks.

Rfid might be a solution but I'm not sure of the cost on that, may be very high

So even if we can't track the runners still, letting the 2 vans communicate with each other may be the next best thing

Here are my concerns, we had walkie talkies this last year which were pretty much useless for anything over a mile because of terrain (We had them on the wrong channel at the exchange so that was our fault), will cb have the same problems?

Cost? We are self funded and would need 2 complete setups, any ballpark cost I can work with?

Not permanent, at least one of the vans we will be using is a rental so nothing can be permanently installed

Is this a decent solution? Ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk