Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel

Anyone have an opinion on al capones

anybody using alcapone antennas in a bounceback setup whats your opinion of them compared to 55's im thing about trying some out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The BAC's are a little funny. They are all about the spacing. Where the R4's like 86" spacing, the BAC's like shorter spacing. I have the one on my lil green maul and it tunes great but had to raise stinger all the way and made a 1.5" spacer for underneath and its perfect. Put it on the burban by itself and it sucks horribly! When in bounceback, they like shorter spacing but if you are already pucked for 86, then you can play with lengths and probably get it down. Not the greatest design of antenna, but they nice for ride-arounds cause theyre only 5'. They aint no r4's- thats for sure!

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    yeah im already at 86" ive never been able to get my 55's down below 1.1 and their not very widebanded although my mfj might be a little flakey its the old one with no advanced modes only gives impedance magnitude but my birds only show about 4 watts back with 3kw dead key so i tend to just leave it be i ocasionally get a little rf like the wipers popping on but that only happens once in a blue moon so i was thinking about trying the BAC's or adding a cap to the antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you saw mine when i was at the break that night. My rear is an extended r6 with the 3/4" wrap. Im 1.0 at 26.900 and hit 1.1 at about 28.700. Maybe the wrap, maybe be the coax. Im running 1/2 heliax cut at 1/2wave x velocity factor (multiply 18x.81= 14.57' ). Maybe try my sticks on your truck and see if it changes. have to set em when the d layer is shut down too. if you test em when the skip is rollin, youll get a different reading

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    yeah im already at 86" ive never been able to get my 55's down below 1.1 and their not very widebanded although my mfj might be a little flakey its the old one with no advanced modes only gives impedance magnitude but my birds only show about 4 watts back with 3kw dead key so i tend to just leave it be i ocasionally get a little rf like the wipers popping on but that only happens once in a blue moon so i was thinking about trying the BAC's or adding a cap to the antennas

first answer all capones are swamp antennas. so are starguns.

and doughboy if you only have 4 watts at 3000w dk. thats actually much lower reflect then I look for. you are actually loosing gain Id have about 25-30 watts

using a mfj to tune 2 antennas isnt always the best way. best is with a bird.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you are over 5kw a cap wont help much. I dont run one on the keydown truck
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i always use an analizer first . sometimes you might be 1.0 on 26.7500 flat to 27.2050 and you will not no it if your only looking at an analog bird meter telling you have 1 to 3 watts reflect ! but the Bird Meter didn't tell you that you where resonating below channel 1 , not good .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the one thing the mfj is good for is checking the ohms of the antenna system.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post

Doughboy asks a ????????? about antenna's and now we going off the topic here .

we are not asking you about your opinion what you think about starguns or ya theory about using air variable caps , this is not cbrc , thank you very much !!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    again you missed what i said and i refuse to talk to narrow minded people that think they no it all .

you can have excellent ohms and be talking resonating below the 27 mhz band . i trust my analizer anyday of the week before i take advise from a bird watt slug meter . time for you to go back to bandcamp breeze and start learning how to set up an antenna system and stop relying on Terry at 55 to tell you how to tune ya truck .

Visitors found this page by searching for

black al capone cb antenna

black al capone cb antennas

noizybuilt cbjunkies

al capone cb antennas

black alcapone cb mobile antennas

black alcapon cb radio antenna

Black tolcapone CB antenna

al capone cb antenna

black al capone antennas

peperoni cb radio

black alcapone antenna gain