preps

Thread: Cobra 148F GTL Arriving today-Any1 Else Had One?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cobra 148F GTL Arriving today-Any1 Else Had One?

all-right i've probably over stated this in many posts but i have two Phillipine made Cobra 148GTL's made in 1989 and 1993 i believe and love them both as i have gotten many great reports on my audio and modulation and what not.just as the Cobra's in general are known for.

well i've always wanted a 148F and have bid on quite a few but they've always gone out of my price range.well about a week ago i was not shopping for one reall but i saw one on eBay as i was window shopping 148Fs and fell in love with all chrome cases,a Ranger chrome speaker to match,a 3outlet cig.plug and a gear keeper leash.i wasn't really looking to buy at this particula time but i fell in love with this particula 148F as it was the nicest looking set up i have seen so far so i went for it.

i first messaged the auction holder to ask if they had a buy it now price in mind and they said that they were just going to let the auction run it's course so i let them know that "THAT DAMN RADIO WAS A'GONNA BE MINE" and i placed the first bid.about six bids later and $183.00 plus shipping later and the bastid will be here this afternoon from UPS and i can't wait.

has anyone had an older 148F before and if so,how did you like it?did you have any issues with the frequency counter dying out after time?this will be my first experience with a frequency counter all together and i am pssyched to have one because i was going to buy one and install it to one of my 148GTL's because i have extra upper/lower channels but i'll hold off for now since this baby will be my main radio and i might just have one of my 148GTL's tuned and tightened up and then sell it off on eBay or somewhere like here or the other CB website i belong to.

overall,were you very happy with everything about your 148F?i know if looks were everything with a radio,i'll be happy for life now!! so please,any experience you's guys might have with the 148F would be appreciated.or knowledge about them.i've already gotten a link to a review and it gave a good review but i'd like to hear it from some people i speak to or come across online.thanks-Gravy626

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mistah Gravy For This Useful Post:

Steve_Buckeye (11-20-2015)

Visitors found this page by searching for

cobra 148f gtl

cobra 148 gtl dx for sale

cobra 148 gtl mods

cobra 148f gtl dx for sale

cobra 148f

cobra 148 lx

cobra 148f gtl dx

cobra 148 f gtlcobra 148gtl fcobra 148f modscobra 148 modscobra 148 variable power modcobra 148 gtl variable power mod148f gtlcobra 148 gtl dx brand new for salecobra 148fgtl148f channel mod148f gtl channel modcobra 148gtlf for salenew cobra 148 gtl modscobra 148f gtl cb radiomanual cobra 148f gtl dx cobra 148lxcobra 148 fcobra 148 gtl dx mods