We it doesnt look like the economy is getting any better any time soon - so I am going to start playing around with mosfets. Need to find the best possible bang for the buck that runs efficient!

I had an old skywalker 300 fet amp that i got on ebay a few years back. It has 4x irf520's which is what some of these export rigs are using in the little mini built in amps- and now more and more people are using for final mods on their radios.
So after smoking this amp several times (by testing it to see if it will do what skywalker claims- which it did not - I recently revived it from the scrap heap.

Originally - this thing did 150-200w. Nice little driver. I used it to drive my 400hd. Since i rebuilt it my way, Im seeing 250-300w now and it runs way cleaner and more efficient - max amp draw so far has only been about 15a. So im using this on the base at the moment to drive my 2100b. So far so good!

Now im going to try to build an 8 fet box using the irf520's (cause theyre only $.89/ea)- if i smoke em- who gives a ratts ass.. If this turns out good, then we will strip it back down and rebuild it with the ERF7530's and see where that goes..

I also have a 50v project going on simultaneously with another friend- but this is going to be a multi-band hambone thing that I will somehow adapt for 11m use as well.
Will keep everyone posted!