"Hello" Everyone,

I have a question, that I need a few of you experts out there to comment on, if you will.

Mobile Set-up:

Midland 5001Z- Radio
Astatic D104-M6B- Microphone
Wilson 1000 Magnetic Mount w/ RG58 A/U Coaxial Cable (18Ft)- Antenna

I have a 2nd Magnetic Mount- 3/8X24- w/RG58 A/U Coaxial Cable (12Ft).

I intend to use this, for when skip conditions are advantageous. So, far though I have only used for local talk...and have only used each antenna once...just to see if they worked. They both work really well but have not tuned them yet. I don't want to use them a lot until I can check the SWR.

I have two antennas I plan to use with this mount:

-7Ft. Skip Shooter Fiberglass antenna
-President Texas Steel Whip antenna (Just shy of 7Ft.)

This would be my... park and talk, mount and antenna system.

With my Wilson 1000. I can drive about 1 mile and be on top of a pretty high elevation, compared to the surrounding area. I talk on a NET on Friday nights... and from this position, I can always talk to a
friend with a base station... 24-25 miles away. And he always, hears me loud and clear.

I have not used my other antennas at this spot yet.

I was thinking of changing the coax, from both mounts to LMR-200.

With the length of coax, I am using. Would, it make ANY difference in the over-all performance of
my mobile set-up? Or would it be a waste of time?

I look forward to hearing your input on this. Thank-you, in advance.

P.S- President recommends using less than 13Ft. of coax for their President Texas antenna.
Can anyone explain to me why that is? That is why, I bought the 2nd Magnetic mount...
because it came with 12Ft. of the above said coax... and now, I can experiment with different antennas because of the 3/8X24 mount. My Wilson 1000 has a different type of connection.

When I use my 2nd Magnetic mount. I remove my Wilson 1000 antenna, but leave the mount
on. And I put the 2nd mount, right in front of my Wilson mount... on top and in the middle of the
cab of my Toyota Tacoma.