"Hello" to all,

Have a new 7ft. Skip shooter antenna, I really like. Two times now, I have had folks tell me that when I talk, it sounds broken up. One guy had me talk again... and taped it and played it back to me. And, it was a broken up. Today, I had a guy tell me it sounded like my window was rolled down.
This has been intermittent, because I have talked before with others and had great results.
I do have an Astatic D-104mb...mobile mic. A guy today said it sounded like the push to talk button
sounded scratchy. I have heard from others who have this mic, that have experienced the same problem.

I use the same mic with my Wilson 1000... and never once has anyone said anything bad about the way it sounded.
I double checked all my connections, and they are plenty tight.

Anyone, have any ideas? It sounds like to me the mic's push to talk button is about done for. I haven't had it that long.

Any suggestions for a new mike. I have an X-talk feature on this radio... and I have heard that you should not use a power mic with a radio that has this feature... but I have had no problems until recently.

The stock mic that came with the radio is an Electret mic. Should I stick with an electret mic? Or use
my Ranger SRA198. I do not think it is an electret mic.

Does anyone know of a really good electret mic? Thank-you, in advance.