last year when i got out of a pretty long hospital stay followed by a couple of weeks in a physical/occupational therapy hospital(to re-build muscle and re-learn how to walk and to hold items in my paws)i decided i needed a new hobby that wouldn't constantly be costing me.so i remembered how much i had enjoyed the CB back in the 1980's and 1990's so i went with getting back into the CB hobby(skip was a big part of the decision as it is cool to be able to talk to people all over the place).\

first thing i did was buy a Phil.made Cobra 148GTL which is a radio i had wanted for a long time but when i was younger i couldn't really afford it but now that i am older,i could.then i bought a Wilson 500 mag mount antenna and i used this antenna until i saw a Wilson 5000 mag mount,almost brand new condition at a local pawn shop for $25.00 ,can't beat that!!!

so i pulled the Wilson 500 off of the roof of my Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.and began using the 5000.i currently run no more than 270peak watts and didn't "need" the 5000 but who could pass that deal up.

my question is about the 500.i was considering selling this antenna on eBay and began taking pictures of it and noticed that the tip to the stinger is missing and i have no clue as to what happened to it.
can i buy a new one(did they even come with tips like my Wilson 5000)and if i can buy a new one,where?i bought this antenna from HYelectronics but didn't see any tips for sale on there.

or can i list it without the tip,as long as i mention that in the description.does the tip make any difference with the performance of the antenna?i am so far,a plug-n-play kind of CB'er but i am trying to gain more technical knowledge.but for now i have to rely on you guys that have the knowledge and experience so i hope ya's don't mind ne picking your brains until i get the knowledge and experience under my belt.Gravy626