One disadvange I have with my mobile is the location where it is mounted. Being right on the dashboard it is great to see and operate! When parked it is now exposed to direct sunlight which will cause the unit to heat up. With temperatures say ranging from 90-125 degrees in the interior of your vehicle this may shorten the life of your rig. We all know heat kills! Heck temps in your vehicle can reach temps up to 150 degrees or more. So it is always good to practice some common sense. Have tinted windows, park in the shade, open the windows as much as you can and never operate a hot radio! Now we have a few products that can be used like a full sized windshield shade. A full windshield shade shade which will block a lot of the sun rays and keep the interiors temps down a bit. Having the windows open enough will help and bleed off heat pressure. Prevents the pressure cooker effect! The downside to a full windshield shade it is cumbersome. They all are different and may take sometime to find that match. When in use it may hide a thief in progress! In my case I chose to make custom heat shield out of the very same windshield shade material out from a spare UPS box in which one of my radios came in. With the use of some good double side wide tape and glue I got a useful custom heat shield. I used it during the Summer of 2011 and makes a real difference. My next post will reveal the results from testing, Bulldog.