preps

Thread: Half wave mobile antennas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Half wave mobile antennas

doughboy. In competitions, the 12 foot rule applies. in the past the dave crew used the rog, did well with it. it wasnt untill 55 brought out his 1/2 waves that they cried and got them banned. Lame for sure since anyone can buy a set.

Now I have read the post at the lamo radio room where a fellow poster thinks he knows how they work, and how they need grounding LMFAO moron.

most half wave antenna, mobile and base straight sticks are a 1/2 wave over a 1/4 wave. the dave rod of god, 55's or the replicas are a 1/4 wave base feeding the top 1/2 wave section through a capacitor. over all length is over 20 feet, which alone would tell you that you wont be driving down the road with them.
    Ground radios will not help since the metal mobile is the ground!!!!!! the davemade style half waves require a specific puc so the bottom of the coil is at ground!!!!

benifits of 1/2 waves. In my results I have found 12-15 db gain over 2 coils. so thats 20 db over 1 coil. now my 5 and 6 element fighting system does better ina shoot out, but the 1/2 waves are devistating in skip. I have proven this myself, along with many many happy 1/2 wave owners.

55's 1/2 waves are 950 shipped. Calm down, dont freak 900 for antennas, forget that! Negative!
    you need to double your power for 3db gain. So if you had 2 coils, you would have to double your power 4-5 times to equal the output. if you have a 2 pill, how much would it cost to double your power 4-5 times?? WAYYYYYYYYYY more then 900 bucks. 4 times would require a much larger amp, more alternators, less gas milage! bigger coax and a bucket load of money!

Now to others, befor you try to argue any findings of mine. Please buy a set, do your own testing, then report back. thank you
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coolbreeze For This Useful Post:

707 Lumpy Delaware (04-26-2012)

Visitors found this page by searching for

half wave cb antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads401-Half-wave-mobile-antennas

12 wave mobile antenna

55 cb antenna

55 built antennas

half wave mobile antenna

55 bull-it amphow to make a half wave cb antenna12 wave 55 cb antennasset a half wave moble antennadave made fighting sticksdave made antennasterry 55 half wave antennashalf wave mobile cb antenna12 wave cb antennahow to build a halk way intenna for cbmobile half wave antennaterry 55 antenna site:cbjunkies.com 55 bull-it amp12 wave over 14 wave antennahow to build a half wave antennarod of god cb antennahalf wave mobile12 ft cb antenna55 half wave fighting sticks