preps

Thread: Help a newb

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help a newb

I drove OTR many years ago, but all I ever had to do was throw the radio in and hook everything up. The antenna,coax, and power were already there for me. I have never had to do much setup. I recently bought a Cobra 29 LTD Classic for trail rides with the Jeep club. Of course now that I have it I will be using it a little more for hobby as well. So, as you already see, I have this installed in a jeep wrangler. The antenna(3' firestick) is mounted to the spare tire carrier. Ran a ground wire from the base to the tailgate and then on to the body. At the other end I routed the hot wire directly to the battery and the negative to a ground lug beneath the dash. SWR about 1.5:1 at 1 and 40. I didn't expect any better considering the setup. However it acts like the radio is is getting insufficient power. I have lots of noise that seems to be effected by anything related to power. For instance if I flip on the turn signal the noise increases and decreases in time. So help me trouble shoot this.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jp4fun; 11-08-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None