Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGreg View Post
I was told I should post pictures of my new radio install. It is a Uniden Bearcat 980 installed in the upper DIN slot of a 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5. The radio was slightly modified and the warranty voided to make this happen. The serial # plate was removed and the antenna connection was moved about 3" towards the passenger side. The power cable was unmounted and using heavy duty shrink tubing, I formed it so the power connection dropped below the back of the radio -pointing down. These mods were needed in order to clear the defroster box behind the dash. (If there's an interest, I can take pictures of the inside when I remove it for a peak job). The dash panel was only trimmed about .1" to allow the slightly-over-din-sized 980 to fit. The radio fit easily between the DIN's mounting ears with no cutting.

Name:  cb_day.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  92.4 KBName:  cb_night.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  23.8 KB Day and night mode shots. The 7 color display was easy to match with my stereo. Time to get the 'scope out so I can mod it up for auto-day/night switching with headlights.

EDIT: reminder... add pics of the antenna. It's a Wilson 2000 mounted up top, near-center of the truck.

Very Impressive !!! Nicely done !!!