preps

Thread: Direct Injecting a Galaxy or Connex type

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Direct Injecting a Galaxy or Connex type

Hey guys here is the direct injection mod for galaxy and connex type radios, such as 33,44,55,66,73,77,88,99,3300hp,genral lee and some others that use this board.
    You will need the following: 1 - cap between 3uf - 10uf no more than 10uf. 1 - 1/4 mono jack chassis mount. 1 - on/on switch. wire and soldering stuff.

1. Drill and mount the switch and mono jack. 2. Locate and remove C191. 3. Solder + leg of cap in hole closest to middle of radio. 4. Solder A wire from - side of cap to center pin of on/on switch. 5. Solder a wire from one side of the switch to the other hole of C191. 6. Solder a wire from other side of switch to the + side of mono jack. 7. Solder - side of mono jack to board ground (you can solder to a can).

Ok if you are using a mylar style cap it doesn't matter which side of the cap you put to the board but just make sure it goes to the hole of C191 Closest to Middle of Radio. I used a Tantalum cap which has a +/- leg. Ok you will also need away of keying radio either a foot or hand switch or even a stock mic with audio wire unhooked. but these radios a 4 pin mic plugs so they are very easy to make a foot or hand switch. If you need any help with making a foot or hand switch please ask and I will help as much as I can. I will post a new post later with all my foot and hand designs for 4 and 5 pin radios. I hope this will help someone have fun and enjoy!!!
    Last edited by scooter71nc; 03-22-2013 at 03:09 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to scooter71nc For This Useful Post:

coolplayer_48 (01-23-2024), CrazyJ (12-27-2018), doughboy (03-04-2014), Mango080 (04-25-2021)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads855-Direct-Injecting-a-Galaxy-or-Connex-type

cb radio direct injectiondirect inject galaxy radiodirect injecting a galaxy 2517instructions to direct inject a Connex Saturn Cx-33 ssbhow to direct inject a cobra 2000 or cobra 148goldfinger hi fi modsConnex Saturn CX-33ssb direct injectionhow to direct inject a galaxy dx 98VHP RADIOconnex cx-33 ssb modshifi cb modcb direct inject audioconnex dx 44 modsconnex 44 dx modulation adjustmentept360014b modshttp:mail.nubbyswasteland.comthreads855-Direct-Injecting-a-Galaxy-or-Connex-typedirect injecting galaxy direct injected galaxy dx2517direct injecting a galaxy radiodirect inject galaxydirect injecting my galaxy swr is risingdirect inject audio cb radiohow to direct inject a galaxy 959 direct inject cb radio for salegalaxy 959 direct inject spot