preps
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning my Predator 10k

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've kinda given up on the predator ever tuning good on my pickup. I got the longer shaft and it brought the swr down to 1.6-1.7, from 1.7 1.8. Not the change I was hoping for. I put the stick back on and the swr is at 1.1.1- 1.3.1. Much better, and again I'm getting good feedback from how my audio is. I'm really just back to square one. The same place I was 2 months ago when I decided to upgrade. That didn't work out so good for me.

Currently the last couple of weeks I've been working on the Dark side (HAM RADIO). i bought a handheld rig and I've been messing with that. Finally got it fiqured out and have been transmitting on 2 meters for a few days now. Lots to learn in the ham field.

The old 29 still comes on everytime I turn the ignition switch on in my Pickup, and I have found a couple of locals who like to BS on 17 and 24, so thats cool. I've just been real busy. It pisses me off that the 10k doesn't work, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and go with what works best for you.

Later and 73
    KK6ESZ :-)>

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell the 10k and get a 55r4. You can get them directly from Terry or FatBoy

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sucks Fogdog. Have fun on the dark side. Let us know what you end up running as far as the antenner on your p/u.
    Good luck.
    Silverado 996 back in the woods and I'm gone!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *
    * Ranger 2970N2 * 5' FireStik FS-5 *
    * Uniden BearCat 12 watt spearker *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado 996 View Post
    That sucks Fogdog. Have fun on the dark side. Let us know what you end up running as far as the antenner on your p/u.
    Good luck.

Hey Siverado 996, Screw it Bro. I had some time today, and ya know I've never quit anything, so after reading my own post I said to myself Cowboy up Bro. I went out there and yanked the stick off the right side post and stuck that 10k in it's place. Thats where I want it anyway. Having a antenna in the center of the rack is stupid. I use the damm thing. I put ladders,boards, metal, etc up there. The antenna is in the way in the middle. Anyway I started tuning again, and after 20 trips in and out of my pickup and shop I finally got the GD thing to tune 1.4.1 across all channels. No $hit!!!!!

It's receiving pretty good too. I don't know what I did differant,but it works, and it's staying up there. To me 1.5.1 or below is just fine for this old Junkie. Damm that was a tough son of a bitch. You should see all my ground wires and bonding straps I got connected to my bed,frame,rack, and even my JBA Exhaust. Jeez. This rig is ready for war.

When you here my call sign, better turn your raddideo waaaay down. Ha Ha

Take care Bro.

The Fogdog is clear and out a here.
    Last edited by Fogdog; 06-05-2013 at 05:36 PM.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    Hey Siverado 996, Screw it Bro. I had some time today, and ya know I've never quit anything, so after reading my own post I said to myself Cowboy up Bro. I went out there and yanked the stick off the right side post and stuck that 10k in it's place. Thats where I want it anyway. Having a antenna in the center of the rack is stupid. I use the damm thing. I put ladders,boards, metal, etc up there. The antenna is in the way in the middle. Anyway I started tuning again, and after 20 trips in and out of my pickup and shop I finally got the GD thing to tune 1.4.1 across all channels. No $hit!!!!!

It's receiving pretty good too. I don't know what I did differant,but it works, and it's staying up there. To me 1.5.1 or below is just fine for this old Junkie. Damm that was a tough son of a bitch. You should see all my ground wires and bonding straps I got connected to my bed,frame,rack, and even my JBA Exhaust. Jeez. This rig is ready for war.

When you here my call sign, better turn your raddideo waaaay down. Ha Ha

Take care Bro.

The Fogdog is clear and out a here.
    Glad to ear you got the thing working for ya! I can't even comprehend the amount of bs you have gone through to tune that thing. I'm really surprised at the trouble you have had, but every installation is different. I had mine tuned in literally 5 mins, but I think the puck made that much easier. In any event I'm glad it's working better keep up the good work brother.
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 619 NJ View Post
    Glad to ear you got the thing working for ya! I can't even comprehend the amount of bs you have gone through to tune that thing. I'm really surprised at the trouble you have had, but every installation is different. I had mine tuned in literally 5 mins, but I think the puck made that much easier. In any event I'm glad it's working better keep up the good work brother.
    Thanks man.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No $hit!! Well I'm glad it worked out for you bro. That antenna had your number. Can you tell a difference between the FireStik and 10k? I'll turn the radio down when the air on my hairs start arcing. lol!!

My ear will listening for ya, Breaka! Breaka!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 619 NJ View Post
    619... Just admit your a freakin' 10k whisper! Haha!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *

- Charles Darwin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado 996 For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear it's working out better for ya finally...That's one thing about Predator's, they just tune differently on different vehicles...

Tell ya another trick you can try with it..."IF" you have another stinger, you can take the top coil off your 10K, and make it a single coil and it might tune in even lower using that 17" shaft... It will end up taller because you will need a longer stinger to tune..May end up a foot taller with just one coil, just saying removing the small coil changes the characteristics of the antenna... You would remove the top coil, and the spacer between the two coils, then just screw the top section onto the bottom lower larger coil and have a regular single coil 10K.

for what it's worth...IMO the regular single coil 10K (the original 10K's) are the best of the bunch.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, there is no way in hell I'm changing anything on that dual 10k. Ha Ha. It's truly the situation. if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Damm that was a serious drill trying to tune that thing. I don't know why, but it damm sure was.

Visitors found this page by searching for

mail.cbjunkies.com page7

cobra 29 and predator 10k

predator 10k antenna review

mail.nubbyswasteland.com 925-Tuning-my-Predator-10k

tuning predator 10k

predtor 10k easy tune

predator cb antenna canada

predator 10k sw

Tuning predator 10k antenna

predator sw dual coil review

predator 10k whip length

how to tune a predator 10k

predator 10k short whip series

predator 10k installation picturespredator bad 2 the bone tuningPredator 10-k antenna tuningcompetition dual mobile cb antennaspredator cb antennamfj-854 reviewcb antenna tuninghow long is a predator 10k whiphttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads925-Tuning-my-Predator-10kpredator 10k short whip antennapredator antenna whip lenthpredator 10k antenna length