Not sure what he found? This is member 222DBFL, I had to change my username due to some email account issues.
At any rate, can you post up some info your setup. Antenna, mount, coax, power, and any other info that might be of use. The more we know, the better we can help. And as I said in the previous posts as my old member name, get an external meter.
And here are some other tips as well that might cure your issue. Have you lowered the dead key below 2 watts? Are you turning your mic gain all the way down when you check the VSWR. (SWR).
When you are checking your VSWR, are you in a clear area free of any obstructions for at least 50-100ft in all directions. Are all the doors closed, windows up, and no one else standing around the vehicle when you take your measurements? And have you checked your coax and mount and such as posted above? Before we can help you, we need as much info as possible. Also get an external swr/watt meter. It's worth it as the cost of having the radio repaired is going to be as much as the cost of a meter. The workman HP201S or the 202s would work fine for what you need and can be found for about $30 or so. Get a short 3ft coax jumper made of rg8x and that has good shielding and connectors and leave the meter in line. Even a smaller meter can be used and left in line. Won't hurt anything and will let you know if anything is wrong with the radio or antenna. Again, JMHO, but worth the investment if you blow the radio and have to buy a new one, or get yours fixed. Both will cost more than the meter and coax jumper! Just saying. At any rate, check all of the above before you blow your radio. And try not to keep the mic keyed too long as you will blow the radio if your VSWR is truly this bad! Hope you get it resolved and let us know what you find or found. Good luck.